Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Daryll44:

Welcome back!

When I saw your name I looked up my favorite list. You were still on it under the Daryll40 name. You always had positive contributions to make to the board regardless of topic.

From the earliest days, we had lots of posters who had areas of disagreement. The difference then was that there were usually a number of other subjects that one could write about and find that they had common ground with eachother.

What eventually happened is that we were invaded by trolls who never post on anything else but their one trick pony political subject. That happened on other boards too. It led to my ignored Fools list maxing out at the 300 limit. Sometimes I had to remove a name in order to make room for a new one. I do not understand the mentality of trying to engage with people who show no desire to have an honest discussion. When that dishonesty is accompanied by a generous topping of nastiness and overall incivility, I prefer to remove myself from the mud. That often leaves pages with half the posts being greyed out. I found that this was far better for me emotionally. It didn't help that those in charge at the Fool had a habit of deciding whose posts or even cyber existence were worthy of deleting based on the posters political views.

Much like our society at large today, we see the rule of law being applied in vastly different ways depending on which side the aisle ones politics are. It is a major contributor to the average person having lost faith in long standing American institutions. How can one reason with a DA releasing violent criminals from jails without accounting for the victims left behind still suffering? How does one process the DA in LA disbanding the anti gang unit when gang violence is surging in their city?

Is it a coincidence that when I checked out your last post here it was literally a couple of days after Obama was elected president?

So, how have things been for you during the last 10+ years?

BG
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.