Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Dave,

I've looked at my ended picks too on occasion.

My thinking is that whenever I end a pick, I need to immediately repick it, unless I think the company is fairly valued and thusly will perform in line with the S&P. To do otherwise, would be "cheating" CAPS of my opinion if you will because by ending my pick, I cease to be an active influence on the star rating. So far, it's worked out pretty well, with the exception of LVS (up 20 points from where I ended my outperform *sob*).

The other thing you want to consider - being a numbers geek naturally, is did your ended pick actually cost you points when compared to the S&P over the same timeframe?

I wouldn't be crying if my outperform call that I ended only rose 5% versus a 10% rise in the S&P yes?

Perhaps this will avoid some crying in the beer tonight eh? :)

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.