Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
David,

I assume you are talking about INVH (Single Family 4 rent REIT) and not INVN. I bought INVH at pandemic low (3/26/2000) between $19.35 to $19.4; Of course I have trimmed around $30, then added subsequently on 3/8/2021 @ 28.8. After that I didn't touch the position and left it. While the stock is yielding 2.15% my effective yield is tad higher than 4%.

Remember the bulk of the portfolio is purchased before pandemic and the recent run up in home price is not in the book. Separately, the rents are going up. Still one can question, the cap-rate and market cap to BV multiple (which is also appropriate in this case). Yeah it is pricey.

The ones I bought are AVB, EQR, and UDR.

I have sold ROIC some time back. I am looking into REG, but have not bought any shares so far.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.