Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am finalizing my 2010 taxes, after filing an extension last April. I just realized (filling out the K-1s in TaxACT), that I have 2 K-1's for DBA. I sold it from one brokerage in Feb, then bought it again in another in August. Both are joint with my husband, not IRAs or anything - taxable accounts. The second K-1 shows the purchase again, whereas the first one does not. And of course, the figures in Part III are different.

Do I use only the second K-1, because it appears to be cumulative, or do I combine the figures? For example, the second one shows 11C to be 1,236, whereas the first one shows 11C to be -103. Since this applies to my basis, do I increase my basis by 1,236, or by 1133 (the sum of the two)?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.