Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
My father was in the Air Force evidently. He recently had some "heart" problems. The Drs aren't sure what it is yet. Anyway, he needs some financial assistance- he farms, so he doesn't have any money anyway. He can't find any of his DD214s, how can I help him get the assistance he needs?

Thanks in advance,
Alli
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
. He can't find any of his DD214s, how can I help him get the assistance he needs?
Thanks in advance,
Alli

You could look at this website for a contact point for a replacement. Let me know if you can't find one and I'll work on some alternative path.

www.afpc.randolph.af.mil

Tigerman
No. of Recommendations: 4
This link will take you to the National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records. Scroll down the left hand column and click on FAQ. The first, and apparently most popular, question involves the DD214. Just follow their instructions.

http://www.nara.gov/regional/mpr.html

As they do indicate, it will take some time for a response, but when you consider the number of records they hold and the conversions they may or may not have made (paper to fiche to electronic) it isn't unreasonable.

Good luck,

Regards
No. of Recommendations: 2
A VA Counselor can get a copy in a day if it is available.
1-800-827-1000. You use an DD180 to request the 214.

Also, check out the courthouse where your father first separated. People were told to register them in the court house when the got out to make sure they never lost them (Not reccommended any more). But your father may have done this.

Fredinseoul