Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Dean,

I don't think you and I have the same reasoning for holding the shares of a company, based on your question.

I am a devotee of the MF Stock Advisor. I will hold (and buy more) of BOFI because I think they are on to something important. They are just getting started, they have many of the attributes of a good company that I would hold for possibly decades.

I see the main reason for owning BOFI is that they can compete with any brick an mortar bank and beat them at their own game. SO for me to sell that would have to change for the worse. Lot's of ways that edge could go away.

BOFI have the right idea stressing customer service - the established banking industry is woeful in this regard. The old school are devoted to harvesting fees, which really just pisses everyone off, but they have little choice. They cannot pay the same sort of interest rates as BOFI; they have too many high salaries and tall buildings to support.

I look for BOFI to fill in where the big credit unions cannot go - small business accounts.

So far BOFI seems to be progressing nicely. I will dollar cost average once or twice a year if they keep going along apace.

I cannot see any reason to get out. I don't have a big stake and could let it ride for a long time not worrying. Small stakes can get real big if you are patient.

Good luck, BentMike
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.