Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Deannda,

He is so cute and you are so wonderful to rescue him. I adore Yorkies. I've had two of them and had to give them both away, however, because no matter what I did, I couldn't housetrain them. I'm certain it was my fault because I wasn't home much. It's not like you can put them in a room with newspapers like you can do with a cat and litter box. Somebody has to take responsibility to really work with them.

They are very one-person dogs. Mine used to ride in my purse wherever I went. I wish I could get another, but my cats are much bigger and would probably kill a Yorkie. They're great house dogs, if you can just housebreak them.

A former husband yelled at my Yorkie in such a loud voice that it caused him to pass out on the newspaper. I thought he had killed him. He wasn't moving, and I picked him up, crying and sobbing that he had murdered my dog. All of a sudden, the Yorkie's little ears perked up and he was alive. I just didn't think it was a good idea to keep such a darling dog in the house with such a horrible husband as that one, so I gave him away. Got rid of the husband soon thereafter. Geez, I wish I could have that dog, but I can't. Sigh.

elizabeth
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.