Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
Dear abobulous (Bob)

For a start, it may be a good idea to learn more about investing before jumping in headfirst. There are many areas on this website that can help you do that, so I won't repeat them here on this board.

If you have done this already I've included some information on the company and hopefully some of the links as well.

For a start, I went to the Australian stock exchange www.asx.com.au

From this site the first thing I found out was this

Issuer Code NRL
Securities and Market Call Codes
Official Listing Date 3 July, 1986
Industry Group 12, Gold Explorer
Exempt Foreign? No
Head Office Address 129 Edward Street, Perth, Australia, 6000
Head Office Telephone 08-9227 1186
Head Office Fax 08-9227 8178
Share Registry Advanced Share Registry Services
7th Floor, 200 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, Australia, 6000
Share Registry Telephone (08) 9221 7288
Share Registry Fax (08) 9221 7869
Directors Dr Kevan L Ashworth (Director )
Lindsay A Colless (Director )
Peter Yunghanns (Director )
Principal Activities Mineral exploration.

What does this tell me? Firstly that their main activity is mining and they're in the industry group 12, Gold Explorer. They may be looking at expanding their activities to include internet companies. If you go to the asx website you can also check out company announcements etc.

I then checked out your link to www.moneyguru.com and I enclose this.
Who We Are
MoneyGuru exists to fill the gap between the institutional quality investment information available to professional investors and the superficial advise offered to private individuals by other websites.

The Guru believes the combination of increasing public interest in the stock market, coupled with a plethora of internet sites offering superficial financial advise (often based on mere hearsay and gossip), is a dangerous combination.

MoneyGuru provides institutional quality research and analysis similar to that available to City professionals, but in a style that is accessible to private individuals who are not familiar with all the City-speak and jargon.

Founded in 1999, MoneyGuru is the first UK internet site to have its own in-house team of top investment analysts, who provide in-depth analysis on a global range of companies and industry sectors.

The Guru is aimed at anyone who makes informed investment decisions, from people with a few thousand pounds, who want to spend half an hour or so a week researching the markets, to the mass wealthy, who want to make highly considered choices about where to invest.

Registration - information is still free in this section but users will be asked to register their details

Subscription (£11.95 per month). Premium facilities including in-depth research and analysis from our team of in-house Guru analysts, broker views on UK and non-UK shares, IPO views, press cuttings, real-time prices, a full news archive, search by investment criteria, detailed global market information, and a charting program that not only tracks share prices but also analyses trends.

Then what you need is to check out the companies financial situation. You could find this at their website (if they have one). Moneyguru also has a site at www.moneyguru.co.uk. It's possible that they're not run by the same company.

There's of course LOTS of other things you must check out before you invest, but this will give you some ideas and somewhere to start.

Three notes however:
1) Before worrying about how you can get shares, you must worry about why you want to invest in this company.
2) If it's sounds to good to be true, IT IS!!
3) Up until 5 minutes ago I have never heard of this company.

Good Luck and congrats on the first post. If you have questions regarding the Australian sharemarket, ask. This board is very friendly, knowledgeable and efficient.

Raz
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.