Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Dear Boffo,

I am definitely a big fan of TMFRalegh. I think I learned more from him than any single writer here. If there is one criticism I had of him, when starting out I was a bit intimidated (he can be a little, well, short to questions sometimes). I wish they could have found someone like him for the Boring port...

I have heard good things about Yorick as well; I heard he was the person to talk to about REITs. I never really ran into him though...

Without meaning any disrespect to the TMFers in place right now, I am sad that many of the "analytical" TMFers (e.g. Ralegh, Nexus, Seymor) have left. What I liked about them is that they were very "free-form" as far as analysis goes. Dale W. would for example define a set of metrics for analyzing banks, use them, and explain their limitations; some of the other writers take a certain set of metrics (e.g. Rule Maker), then say why company "X" does or does not fit these metrics.

Best,

Lleweilun Smith
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.