Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Dear J.P.

Awesome of you to be so gentle with me for the "elementary" questions.

With regard to volume' yes, I wanted to know what the media meant when they said that trading dipped below 10,000 because it had not dipped below that benchmark for years. What does that mean?

With regard to the first question regarding the infamous 777 point drop. If I understand you correctly, the average DJIN dropped 777 points and that's the benchmark we use as our lipness test for how the rest of the market faired...DJIA is just an indicator though since the DJIA represents a "slice of the pie" which obviously represents the whole if one has a diversified portfolio? Do I have this right?

Hey, J.P. thank you again for answsering my question in a respectful way and without condescending comments or negative undertones. You are AWESOME.

Thx,
S.S.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.