Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 18
After 21 years of board membership I’m calling it quits. You tolerate the troll form hell and delete my posts instead of his. I can no longer put up with your blatant partisan justice. My contributions have averaged more than 11 recs per post over those 21 years and few board members have done that. The people who pooh pooh recs are people who don’t get recs.

So It’s been informative and fun at times, but in parting I only have two words for you and they are not thank you.

proton
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 9
unfortunate

You seem to post with less frequency. Your posts are always informative, interesting, and accurate.
Sorry that you'll be leaving
No. of Recommendations: 5
Proton! These days TMF seems to delete any post that someone protests. Just protest more.

I don't FA posts myself, but maybe I should start. Periodically someone goes nuts on my posts and I get a few removed in a day. I don't worry about it coz I figure those who I hoped would see them probably read them already.

I also don't put posters on ignore, but I do ignore most of some peoples' posts.
No. of Recommendations: 5
Tucson...You seem to post with less frequency. Your posts are always informative, interesting, and accurate. Sorry that you'll be leaving

Actually the Fool tells me he has a been blocked. I don't know exactly what that means, but if it means he can no longer post then I will remain.

proton
No. of Recommendations: 3
So It’s been informative and fun at times, but in parting I only have two words for you and they are not thank you.

I'm truly going to miss you, proton. You've been one of the brightest rays of light at TMF for many years, and one of the few reasons I still read/post here.

TMF ain't what it used to be, but, then, neither is America.

SLL
the Fool tells me he has a been blocked

Jedi has been blocked? Whoa. While he says some annoying and hateful things on this board, he also has good posts, even here.

His last post was 10:28pm on this board.

If it were my decision, he'd be temporarily suspended from PA, but not everywhere on TMF. And when allowed back on PA , if he resumed the smug/sheeple/you people/leelee/coastal posts, he'd be suspended longer.
No. of Recommendations: 17
Here’s how the Star Wars cosplayer eludes thee censors-

He doesn’t use profanity. Instead, he uses colorful images to express the same ideas expressed directly by profanity.

He doesn’t use the actual screen-names of those he attacks. Instead, he makes up names for people, and uses those so often that everyone knows who he is talking about, but he can’t be accused of attacking anyone directly.

Apparently this time, at least temporarily, he outsmarted himself.

If he returns, I am sure we will hear how he, alone, is fighting the good fight, and how he, alone is being discriminated against, and how he (also alone) sees things clearly and how he, alone, is the repository of truth, justice, and the American way ( which of course he once cared about but no longer does).

And then we will be treated to a long, disjointed screed about culture and Muslims in France... or about smug Liberals, upon whose shoulders rests most of the blame for the sorry state of things, including the election of Donald Trump and the bad behavior of his followers.

Proton- hope you stay, and don’t take his posts personally. At their heart, most of his postings are about himself and how great he is trying to convince himself that he is.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Jedi has been blocked?

He considers that a victory.
He considers that a victory.

So he argued last night. (Loved your responses, btw)

And if he returns, I am sure he will bill it as a victory.

Just keep the image in mind of Monty Python’s Black Knight.....
No. of Recommendations: 2
Just keep the image in mind of Monty Python’s Black Knight.....

Jedi and dope are both great versions of the MPBK. They get their shorts handed to them on a regular basis, and never fail to declare victory and slink away...

Jedi's posts are often completely indecipherable. Dope just regurgitates whatever the current party line is - and then likes to explain how he is smarter than everyone else. Neither have much to add to any serious conversation, IMHO.
No. of Recommendations: 6
proton,

Keep in mind:

1) If I had a buck for every post of mine that MF deleted (some legitimately), I could have retired years ago.

2) MF response these days is; delete posts first, don’t ask questions later. A few weeks ago I had a post pulled because I allegedly attacked another poster and they threatened to ban me. The whole post was about Senator Lindsey Graham. Who knew Graham posted here? Or more likely, someone lied about being personally attacked. Obviously, the MF doesn’t even bother to read FA’d posts.

My sage advice: Chill a bit. Then change your mind and come back.

AW
No. of Recommendations: 6
The Fool sent me an email saying that someone attempted to block my account. Somebody is PO’d.

They told me to just let it all go, so I will.

proton
At their heart, most of his postings are about himself and how great he is trying to convince himself that he is.

I have more than once mused upon how he actually very closely displays many of the most repulsive psychological deficits of DJT. The need for attention. The narcissism. The bizarre and inverted world view. The vast array of unworthy people on the planet who are responsible for all that he regards as wrong with society. The hatred and contempt for certain -- not necessarily the same, but many of the same -- minorities, women, social classes, etc., which lies just beneath the surface . . .

And more.

And the similarities, it has seemed to me, have become more pronounced over time.

SLL
Somebody is PO’d.

Good. Whatever you’re doing, keep it up. It’s working

AW
I got the same email, proton. Interesting.

SLL
The Fool sent me an email saying that someone attempted to block my account. Somebody is PO’d.

I just received an email that my account was blocked (by the Fool) because someone was attempting to hijack my account:

From the fool:

We detected suspicious activity in your The Motley Fool account.
If this is your IP address follow the Unblock link. Otherwise disregard this email.

It was a simple procedure to confirm my identity and unblock my account.

Some folks have waaaaay too much time on their hands.
Neutron, LeeLee and Sheeple- all had problems with their MF accounts, immediately after the fool temporarily (or permanently) removed the posting privileges of the Star Wars cosplayer.

I wonder if there is any connection..... hmmm....

Though we cannot say “definitely”, because we hold firmly to the notion that “correlation is not proof of causation”, we do note that the disturbance in the Force followed closely on the heels of the Death Star’s disappearance.
...we do note that the disturbance in the Force followed closely on the heels of the Death Star’s disappearance...

And immediately after May the 4th (be with you).

Pete
These days TMF seems to delete any post that someone protests.

I've seen people claim this over and over again. It is simply NOT TRUE.

TMF does not delete any post someone protests. They have never done that as far as I can tell. Some of the TMF "overseers" seem to be very biased. It is acceptable to post as many right wing lies as anyone wants. Unlike even Facebook & Twitter, TMF embraces lies but deletes those who would call the posters who post lies "liars".

They also refuse to engage posters in meaningful discussions of what specifically led to a post being deleted. So if your post is deleted and you think there was important information in it, you have to guess what word or phrase caused the deletion. And if you guess wrong often enough, they will not only delete your post, but will ban you from TMF.
After 21 years of board membership I’m calling it quits.

Can I have your stuff?
Halco…Can I have your stuff?

Sure why not? Here are my financial holdings and assets:

All 132 licensed Harry Potter products (in their original store sacks, with the sales slips inside)

A closet full of beanie babies

And an autographed picture of Andy Devine (you know that guy who sounded like an asthmatic vacuum cleaner?)

proton
No. of Recommendations: 0
Do you wish you had a pencil thin mustache?
StockGoddess…Do you wish you had a pencil thin mustache?

The Boston Blackie style?

proton
No. of Recommendations: 0
I just received my third warning that, “We detected suspicious activity in your The Motley Fool account.”

Someone is trying very hard...I wonder who?

proton
I just received my third warning that, “We detected suspicious activity in your The Motley Fool account.”

I've had three, as well. It's strange. They keep saying my account has been "blocked," but I've had no problems reaching this site. What does "blocked" mean, anyway, in this context. And "blocked" by whom? TMF or someone else?

SLL
It's a fishing email. It's not from Motley Fool. It's someone that wants you to click on the link included in the email, so they can install malware on your computer.