Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
Dear Mr. Graham,

My best friend was killed in a car accident last month. I was raised a Christian and I tried to get him to believe, but I couldn't. I can't stand the thought that he will burn in hell forever, but I know that there is no chance he would get into heaven. He really did not believe.

I'm only 17 but I've been thinking about these things a lot. There are six billion people alive on earth right now and not even one billion are the kind of good Christians (meaning not Catholic and not Mormons and not those weird snake handlers and such) that are going to heaven, and my preacher said that lots of us are not going to go either if we aren't careful.

So if less than 10% of the people on earth today are good enough Christians to get to heaven, and all the rest are going to burn in hell forever, I'm not sure I want to go to heaven. I sure don't want to go to hell, but when I think about all the good people that are going there, I don't think I could be happy in heaven.

Especially if George the Fifth is there. ;)

Ann<----well past 17 now
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.