Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 15
Dear Saul,

Thank you for your valuable comments!

I’ve to admit that I wanted to start a position some time ago. There was (and is) a lot to like (e.g., a revenue growth, an operating margin, already profitable business, the founder-CEO with good reviews on Glassdoor and with skin in the game), but I like to look beyond the operating metrics and to see the compelling story to select my investments as I prefer to have a very strong conviction in the future potential of a business.
I remember that the long-term debt of ZoomInfo (ZI) was the red flag for me. There were also some other issues I came across, e.g., scrapping (private) information and reselling it sounds… a bit risky? Is it a secular trend I would like to be exposed to?
I decided to pass and focus more on companies with my highest conviction like CRWD. Looking at the chart it was not a bad decision so far.

However, I still remember how exciting(!) on so many metrics ZI was (incl. looking at the Rule of 40 chart) so I thank you for bringing ZI to the board and for a thorough discussion of ZI as a possible investment.

Best wishes,
Lemat

PS Having my major background in software engineering, I am more than happy to listen to the arguments of the authorities on this board I follow (Saul, Bear, GauchoRico, Stocknovice, Muji, WillO2028 and many incredible people) with much more financial expertise even if I'm perhaps more careful in case of this particular stock.
Last but not least - thank you so much for creating this incredible community with an approach to investment that fits me so well.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.