Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Dear Seattle,

I was hoping you would write in. :-) So...you don't get nervous saying, "I will charge X. Period."? Yes, I guess it is my inexperience in negotiating prices. But I think if I can learn how, it will stand me in good stead.

I get paid a little more than your average cleaning lady, and I don't have to put things away (turnover cleanings take place after a tenant has left). However, as I said, it's sometimes hard to find someone who will reliably show up and do a good job, especially as the summer wears on and it's hot and very tempting to sit on the beach for the afternoon, rather than look at it while you wring out a mop.

I think once I have a little more experience I know that I can quote a price and not be upset if someone walks away. But I imagine that comes with time.

Thanks, Molly
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.