No. of Recommendations: 2
Death penalty of B: Death penalty of B is $550,000. I pay a monthly premium of $973.50 for 20 years (240 payments) and then the policy is paid up. At the end of year 25 when I am 89 and ready for a nursing home, the Death Benefit is $550,000 and the guaranteed CSV is $309K but the non-guaranteed amounts are Dividend of $4,578, cumulative paid up additions of $71K, net CSV of $349K and net death benefit of $621K.

One article I read said the worst 20 year rolling average since 1979 was an average return of 6.4%. If I calculate the total amount for investing $973.50 monthly for 20 years at an average return of 6.5%, the total is $477,428. If I then stop the monthly investments for another 5 years, the total becomes $660,196. It seems you are giving up quite a bit of return for some insurance.

PSU
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.