No. of Recommendations: 0
Okay, this is getting out of hand. Of course, many of you have heard of the doomsday, end-of-the-Mayan calendar, doomsday scenario occurin I believe December 21, 2012.

I thought this is a fringe element thing, and no truly rational person would buy into this. Of course there are some who are more scientific about it and think massive solar activity that was supposed to peak this year would wipe out the whole of the electricity grid, computer circuits, etc. That hasn't happened. Some say the earth will be thrown off orbit.

But I've been coming across "Survivalist" shows on channels such as the History Channel, Discovery, and CNBC who are giving alot of airtime to these doomsday people. And these people are not "crazies", well, at least they appear not to be. They come across as intelligent, well-spoken, cautious....and many are turning their lives inside out digging underground shelters, training for attacks, stocking up on guns and ammo, building remote communities up high in the mountains, etc.

It comes across as crazy....but what do I know? I just haven't seen any scientific evidence for this. And I know in 1999, and other date-inspired "end times", it comes and goes....and I expect this to be the same

Anyone here want to admit to actually being worried?? If true....it's less than 4 weeks away....December 21, 2012.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.