Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
This isn't stock-related, forgive me, but I was curious if anyone has watched the Netflix series "Decoding Bill Gates," and might know about it.

Two things I was curious about:

-When conversing with the documentarian in the library setting and other interiors, was that his actual famous home?

-When they went on their hikes, was that also property Gates owned?

Really cool show I thought, and I thought the locations where the interviews took place were impressive, both outside and inside. I liked his Think Week cottage (not sure if he owned that or rented), that was pretty neat. We all should have our own mini-sabbaticals like that.

I was also struck by a thought that it's too bad that Gates couldn't start to apply his smart thinking toward world problems before he became rich. It seems that many entrepreneurs do that later in life. Imagine if they started earlier. He's accomplished a lot recently, and I found the section on a new type of nuclear power plant fascinating; not sure though if that is an example of being too smart for one's own good, in the sense that perhaps, because of the severity of a negative outcome no matter how small the risk or clean the energy, it should not be promoted even if it is a better, lower-risk design.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.