Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
This is somewhat related to the question a few posts ago, but not exactly the same.

I work as a teacher and will in the next week begin contracting with a local school district to teach their tutors how to be more effective. I will have to file Schedule C or C-EZ to report this income from the district. I will typically drive from my home to the school I teach at and then from there directly to a tutoring site. From there I will drive either to another tutoring site or home. Eventually I will drive home.

Is any of this mileage deductible on Schedule C?

I'm also wondering what other deductions you think I might be able to take against my income on Schedule C, if there are any at all.

I'm just trying to get my tax house in order for the coming year. Thanks for your help.

FYI: I will probably be grossing less than $10,000 a year contracting. The vast majority of my income will come from my salary as a teacher.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.