Skip to main content
Update
The boards are getting a new home!

We're pleased to announce an update is coming to the community boards.

Sunday, September 25th: We are migrating the boards to a new platform. The site is currently in read-only mode and we will bring it back online as soon as the migration is complete.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Deej,

Thanks for your comments. My questions eere slightly different though: how irrational is the current price of oil based on the current demand?

It is ok to invest in a variety of ways even after looking at identical data. Afterall that is why there is a market: diversity of opinions.

I have been studying MDR for the last 3 years. I sold MDR as I feel its valuation has risen high, relatively speaking, especially in response to the metioric rise of oil. I may get back into it if it back by more than 30% from my sell price. MDR is a volatile stock anyway. Maybe not. I feel SLB is a better alternative to MDR at this point. For nuclear energy play, I have my holdings in BHP for a while now. I sold COP as I prefer VLO over it for the same reason you mentioned. I am waiting for the oil to fall and refinery margins to improve. VLO will benefit the most.

In natural gas related stock, I already own decent sized positions in UNT, PDS, HAL and APC. UNT is starting to get expensive (P/E wise)

I am being cautious by monitoring the valuations of oil stocks closely. I don't want to keep any of them if their valuations (P/E and margins) get high on speculation alone. I managed to avoid the tech burst and the housing bubble burst this way. I missed the dizzying peaks but also the downfall.

I agree with your readings on financial world. I have charted my goal in achieving an average of the V or U curve of downturns. SO I am dollar averaging across a basket of firms recommended at TMF. I have reasonable faith that TMF selected firms (II, SA, GG and HG) have the highest potential relatively speaking in the troubled financial waters. Can't say where the bottom lies.

I metals I have long standing positions in SLT, MT (really small), AA (I don't know why I have it) and Tata Steel (Indian stock exchange) besides FCX and OMG. I will be keeping these positions.

Anurag
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.