Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The Leader continues to disagree with the Right Honorable Fool whose policies continue to expand the wealth gap in America - which is partially why your so-called Nation - is breaking up into something new - a 1st world nation with 3rd world traits like the leader predicted long ago here while some were just yelling "Zimmerman!" until a new toy was put into the play-pen.

"BUT WAIT! YOU ALREADY SAID THIS! Yes American. The Leader understands that a mere post on a topic doesn't change things. the Leader doesn't go from one "ZIMMERMAN!" to another, and will hold to account, those who FAKE it about being concerned ab out wealth-gaps beyond yelling "$15 an hour!"

MY MY! So while we PRETEND to care "wealth gap" - we're fine with 2-3% of Americans, getting $2,000,000 and not paying taxes on it? While the 90%+ of Americans won't inherit that much?

https://smartasset.com/investing/how-does-inheritance-work

"""The 2019 Survey of Consumer Finances (SCF) found that the average inheritance in the U.S. is $110,050 for the middle class. Yet an HSBC survey found that Americans in retirement expect to leave nearly $177,000 to their heir"""

WOW- So the average inheritance is $177,000 on high-side. AND, the Right Honorable Fool I quoted, wants ZERO TAXATION....on estates 1,000% OF THAT! A Thousand Percent of the average....should be exempt of taxes???

No matter what - *someone* wishes to favor the rich and to perpetuate the wealth gap.

Wow. People getting 1000% bigger inheritance than the average should be tax free?

I respectfully disagree and I don't see how that closes the wealth gap - - that is, *if* some who pretend to want to shrink it - really want to.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.