Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

demiller:
To the point - a separate research and scientific analysis was done on the drug and it was found NOT to do what Novogen (and the initial independent report) said it would do.

The drug has since been withdrawn from sale.

This is the first time I've heard about Novogen having had a drug on the market. As far as I know they only sell food-supplements that do not require scientific testing. But Novogen's supplements are scientifically tested anyway. In more than 30 studies world-wide, in independent university hospitals. The first drug in the pipeline is only in clinical phase 1.

Novogen has made a mistake claiming independent scientific research in their ads before this research was peer-reviewed and published. As far as I know, only the advertisement has been pulled, not the supplement.

My stake in Novogen is only a small portion of my total investments and I'm well diversified. Some stocks I sell and move onto something else, some others, where i expect (or sometimes merely hope for) enormous growth opportunities in the long run, i keep and don't worry about price fluctuations or minor set-backs. Novogen's price is just back where it was about a month ago, before it started going up as a result of the heavy advertising.

eveline

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.