Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
demiller1,

Thanks for the reply. As an investor wishing to follow the Fool's 'buy and hold' creed, (ie trading infrequently - hopefully only buying more of good companies, not selling!) would the considerations you pointed out justify the increased cost? I am aware of the potential effects of interest rate movements, but don't really expect them to make a huge dent in my invested funds. Potentially, I am going to invest on a regular basis, adding funds to existing positions and/or new ones. Effectively, this would have the same exchange rate effect as dollar-cost averaging - that is, by spacing out my investments, I am removing some of the day to day volatility.

I would be interested to hear other Fools' opinions as to the potential mid term (6-12 months) expectations of the exchange rate. My thoughts are that OS currency traders etc would be more likely to buy our currency when the Reserve Bank increases rates (thereby making our currency more attractive). I am expecting a rate rise (or two) in the next 6 months or so? Does anyone have any thoughts?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.