Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
Depends on how you define "properly". ESPN usually does a good job of touching on the local flavor, but their main job is broadcasting sports, not news outside of sports.

My one gripe of ESPN, when the Saints/Cowboys played a preseason game in Shreveport (my hometown), they spent more time showing pictures and cut aways of New Orleans than Shreveport. The only way you new the game was in Shreveport was because we had our name on the mid-field logo.

The fans that will pack the Dome next Monday night aren't the ones who have been displaced from their homes … they aren't the ones from the Ninth Ward …. they aren't the ones who had to spend DAYS in the Dome as the place of last resort when Katrina hit.

There are so many politic issues involved, I don't want to get started. IMHO, those places that flooded after Katrina, do NOT need to be rebuilt. Besides, the many places that stayed "dry" are those places that most people think about when thinking of New Orleans. Let the rest become the coastal flood plains that they were intended to be.

JLC
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.