Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Mail came.
In the pile: An envelope addressed to me by name. Printed on the front of the envelope... "FREE Pre-Paid Cremation! Details Inside"

I don't know whether to open the envelope or cry.

AM
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
"FREE Pre-Paid Cremation! Details Inside"

Was it a gift card? Perhaps somebody was thinking of you.

I think cremations are too environmentally unfriendly. I want my body left in the green space near my house for the coyotes. I've had all my mercury fillings replaced with non-toxic substances, so I think I'm green enough for that.

--fleg
I think cremations are too environmentally unfriendly. I want my body left in the green space near my house for the coyotes. I've had all my mercury fillings replaced with non-toxic substances, so I think I'm green enough for that.

--fleg

Hmmm. But are you (they) allowed to do that? I am happy to be worm food, but I don't want to hog 12 square feet of ground "in perpetuity".

cliff
Looks like someone else got the same letter.

http://malitzminutes.blogspot.com/2007/10/i-could-win-pre-paid-cremation.html

intercst
"FREE Pre-Paid Cremation! Details Inside"

Was it a gift card? Perhaps somebody was thinking of you.

--fleg

---------------------

Actually, I think they wanted to put me in a concrete block and drop me to the bottom of the sea. Or something.

AM
Looks like someone else got the same letter.

http://malitzminutes.blogspot.com/2007/10/i-could-win-pre-paid-cremation.html

intercst

----------------------------

LOL!
Yep. That was the letter.
The crazy thing, I think, is that even if I "WIN", I wouldn't know it.
Not much of a prize. :)

AM
Actually, I think they wanted to put me in a concrete block and drop me to the bottom of the sea. Or something.

AM

You say that like it's a bad thing, or sunthin'.

cliff

AM

You say that like it's a bad thing, or sunthin'.

cliff

--------------------------

After you, Baby.

AM
After you, Baby.

AM

Hey, when I'm done with this meat machine, it's immaterial to me. Worm food or fish food.

cliff
No. of Recommendations: 1

--fleg

Since my first wish, to be ground up into fish food, is out I am going to have my ashes scattered in Georgia Strait even though it’s illegal. Also illegal is using my boat as a Viking pyre – another good custom shot. Where are we headed when you can’t have a good wake?

MichaelR
For an environmentally sound burial, check out the Ecopod:

http://ecopod.co.uk/

Ecopod is a revolutionary design in coffins made from naturally hardened, 100% recycled paper.

Made from 100% ecologically sound materials the Ecopod is the ideal product for a non toxic burial or cremation. Perfect for use in greenfield sites.

I don't know what "greenfield sites" means--maybe British for septic tanks.

--fleg
they probably have a deal with AARP in getting names...

we're all bait for these characters.

LD