No. of Recommendations: 0
Created an excel spreadsheet, using certain aspects of companies ( dividend yield, target price, EPS growth, dividend growth and % of my portfolio) as factors and assigning a % weight. Anyone have any ideas of other factors to add, and what % would be appropriate for each? Currently have : Dividend yield at 30% weight, Target price-10%, EPS growth at 20%, Dividend growth at 20% and percentage of portfolio at 20%.

Or am I just making it too much and maybe just rely on one factor?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Dividend yield at 30% weight, ...

Yikes! The higher the dividend they have to pay to attract buyers the greater the chance of them going under with your money in their hand.

Even legitimate REIT's don't pay that much.

dfish's
Dividend Champions spreadsheet and PDF have been updated through 3/30/12 and can be found at:
http://dripinvesting.org/Tools/Tools.asp

Pick a stock that'll still be around in a few weeks.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Also look at the Payout Ratio. I like it to be less than 75. You can't apply that to REIT's, MLP's, BDC's, or any type of trust though. For your average common share stock I like that metric.
No. of Recommendations: 0
No, the yield is weighted at 30%. So, my factor weights add to 100%. Rank each stock 1-15 for each factor, and then lowest total sum of factors is where I have been adding. All my stock dividends are between a 2% - 4% yield.