Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
DH and I both lost a lost of weight over the last few years. We both had our professional clothing altered multiple times. My women's slacks were altered from size 14 down. The second time, they had to get the "good" tailor to come decide how to do it. Each time, it was about $100 for a couple pairs of slacks. But since they were St. John and a new pair was a lot more than that, I didn't feel bad about paying the money.

When I got to the point where they were falling off of me for the third time, I finally bought new. Bought size 8 and size 10. And bought less expensive brands because, well, I'm not sure that anyone really pays attention to whether I'm wearing a pair of St. John black slacks or a pair of J. Jill black slacks.

ThyPeace, has not had a pair of dress slacks on in four months. Hasn't had long pants on in two months.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.