Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Diana, I responded earlier thinking that it was an old stroke. I'm a little confused now - are they saying now it is recent?

They are thinking that the stroke was within the last 2-3 weeks or so. They said it's really hard to date it because they can't do an MRI due to the pacemaker.

News from this morning:

The thingie by the pituitary does not seem to be a pituitary adenoma/tumor - they believe it is just a meningioma that just needs to be monitored and they don't believe it has caused the issues he's having - they think is current problems are due to stroke.

He is not on blood thinners at this time - he was but got off them around 3 years or so ago. I suspect that may change for him. :o)

His pacemaker was just interrogated a week ago when he was in the cardiologists office, and had a full review that he gets every 6 months about 5 weeks ago. His PCP said he will likely need to go to the cardiologist again soon after he gets out of the hospital, so perhaps he will get the full check again sooner than the next scheduled one.

d
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.