Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
Hi all,

It's been a long, long, long time since I managed to post here. Life, especially work and some personal improvement efforts, have been keeping me really quite busy.

Thought I'd catch you guys up on the relationship I used post about here when I had some time.

I have been with my DBF since June of 2004. He and I were friends for almost 2 years before we got together.

About six months ago, we were discussing marriage. Then, a little while after that he got knocked on his butt with a rather inconvenient and unpleasant illness, which took him quite some time to get over and threw him for a loop. In my considered opinion, it also threw him into a bit of depressed stage.

We have been having trouble since all of this transpired. It is difficult to juggle work and relationship in the best of circumstances, let alone when you live 45 miles apart and have health issues to consider. It's even worse when your partner is closing himself off from friends and such. Without going into too much detail, we are trying to figure out if we can make it through this.

I also found out just last night that one of my DBF's baby sister (who he is actually fairly close to) can't stand me, has always disliked me, and is completely unsupportive of our relationship. So, I've got that going for me. She is basically a miserable person herself, who is in a relationship with a guy she's been seeing for 7 or 8 years and who is never going to marry her - and she basically hates everyone else that is in a good relationship.

DBF and I have some crap to get through. Hopefully we can do it. I love him to pieces and want to be with him. I can survive without him - I am a fairly strong person and have picked up the pieces before (tho it took a long time). I don't WANT to do that, but if it ends up being the right thing, I can.

But in the meantime, I'm trying. We're trying.

No matter what anyone else thinks. Sister-who-hates-me included.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.