Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 84
Hello all!

I haven't been gracing the masses with my presence lately because I've been on vacation since 6/22.

My SO and I went to Yellowstone with his sister and her boyfriend. It was a marathon vacation. We left on Thursday, 6/22 at about 3pm and drove all night to get to the park, arriving at about 2pm on Friday 6/23, and we left to come back to MO at 8:30 am on Satuday, 7/1, again driving all night to get home. We did the tent-camping thing for 8 nights (four in Grant Village and four in Canyon Village). For eight days, we did nothing but sightsee and saw tons of stuff. By the end of the vacation, we felt like we saw every geyser, hot spring, mud pot, steam vent hole, waterfall, river, stream, and mountain in the park. We saw all sorts of critters - bison, elk, mule deer, osprey, and so forth, and just loads of beautiful scenery. Going on the vacation would be a treat for almost anyone, but considering I have rarely gone on any major vacations in my life - most of my vacations have been to see family or friends rather than Fantastic Locales - this was really cool.

And, to top the whole experience off......

I got engaged.

My DBF became my DF on 6/30/2006 (which is coincidentally my older brother's 5 year wedding anniversary).

That day, we drove up to the Tower Falls area and looked at the bee-yoo-ti-ful view for a while. We were going to hike the trail down to the bottom of the falls, but the trail was closed due to washout.

Sooooooo we hung out on a pretty little bridge over a pretty little stream near the falls and were enjoying the view and taking pictures for a while. After a bit, boyfriend's sister and her SO returned to the van so that we could head to our next sightseeing destination. I went to follow them, but DBF grabbed my arm and said he had something for me.

He then proceeded to remove a package from his camera bag and unwrap it partly for me. This took FOREVER because the item was wrapped in about 3 other bags (a mesh bag with a drawstring so it would stay closed, a little blue vinyl bag so I couldn't see what it was, and a ziploc bag so it wouldn't get wet. Did i mention that my SO is a little bit OCD about taking care of stuff?)

Anywho, after he got the bags all taken off, he handed me a little maroon box, which had a little rosewood box in it, which had a lovely ring in it.

My exact words when I opened the thing were..."is that what I think it is?"

He said yes.

He didn't say anything else.

I gaped at the ring for a while. Then I looked at him with a twinkle in my eye and said "You got anything to say to me?"

And he looked at me and finally said the words comprising the most romantic marriage proposal ever.

"Wanna get hitched?

I said yes, of course.

Hope that news entertains everyone for a bit.

d
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.