Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0

Dick-

i completely disagree with this statement. in my opinion, one of the main points of the perjury law is to ensure that people cannot decide for themselves what is important information and what is not (and thus can be lied about). that is what the jury is for. any attempt to lie under oath undermines our whole justice system. therefore, it is not the subject of the lie but the lie itself. i also think that it should never have gotten this far but once it reaches the point that clinton is under oath, he must tell the truth.

so the only question, in my view, is whether or not perjury and obstruction of justice are impeachable offenses. i must say that i hold perjury out as one of the USA's most important laws and is an important part of the foundation of our entire legal system, which presents the facts and allows peers to judge. any effort to undermine the integrity of this system is a serious matter and is impeachable, in my opinion.

the argument that he shouldn't be impeached over sex is irrelevant to me because, while i agree, he is being impeached for perjury not sex.

i agree with you on the effect to the market and that it won't have a big impact on most companies. our economy has been managed by greenspan for some time and when greenie retires there could be a significant shift in economic prospects for all companies depending on the replacement but not in response to a gore for clinton trade. i am very scared of the day greenspan announces his retirement.

Howard
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.