Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hellllloooooooooooooooo..............

Print the post Back To Top
Hellllloooooooooooooooo

Hi back:)

I'm here. What ya want to talk about?

What's everyone's RV plans for the rest of this year or next year?

I'm hoping to convince my husband to drive up to Alaska again this coming summer.

Utahtea
What's everyone's RV plans for the rest of this year or next year?

Sure has been quiet here!

I'm pretty excited right now because I just bought my RV on Sunday at a local RV show (California RV in Pamona CA). I'm picking it up today. It's a 2001 Winnebago Adventurer.

I don't have any specific trips planned yet. It'll be mostly weekend stuff for a while. My plan is to full time in about 2 or 3 years, once my son moves out. He just started college this year.

I will manage to get in a 1 or 2 week trip sometime this year though. I'll probably go somplace like Oregon or Colorado, depending on my mood and the fishing.
I don't have any specific trips planned yet. It'll be mostly weekend stuff for a while.

That sounds like a good idea or an evening in the driveway (on a level area) to make sure everything works before you embark on your first journey.

Tigerman ;)
Even though our family has been weekend and vac. RVing since '93, we've never put up in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Evidently, this is a popular overnight stay. I've seen only 2 or 3 RV's in the local Wal-Mart at any one time. My next question has to be this: Is there a National Wal-Mart store location guide?

Hammer
No. of Recommendations: 1
That sounds like a good idea or an evening in the driveway (on a level area) to make sure everything works before you embark on your first journey.

I know what you mean. The first trip will be something close to home for just 1 night. I'll do that this weekend.
I'm pretty excited right now because I just bought my RV on Sunday at a local RV show (California RV in Pamona CA). I'm picking it up today. It's a 2001 Winnebago Adventurer.

Dave,

That's pretty exciting!!!! What length did you get? We have a 1985 Winnebago that is 24 ft and we just love it.

It's so short that we take it on long day trips. Once nice thing about California is that you can make day or short weekend trips to the mountains or the ocean.

Keep us posted on where you go. If I can't be camping myself, I like to live vicariously through other peoples camping trips.

I think we are going to try to get away the second weekend in November. We've been VERY busy with planning a wedding reception. It will be very nice to get away after that!

Utahtea
Even though our family has been weekend and vac. RVing since '93, we've never put up in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Evidently, this is a popular overnight stay. I've seen only 2 or 3 RV's in the local Wal-Mart at any one time. My next question has to be this: Is there a National Wal-Mart store location guide?

Hammer,

We had heard about spending the night at Wal-marts so I went to their web site and e-amiled them asking about it. They e-mailed me right back and said:

SOME OF OUR STORES HAVE AVAILABLE SPACE, AND SOME DO NOT, YOU WILL NEED TO
CHECK WITH THE STORE MANAGER. I WILL MAIL YOU A MAP WITH A LIST OF OUR
STORES AND THEIR PHONE NUMBERS.

Thank you,
Aldena Chamra
501-277-6921
public@wal-mart.com

They sent me a map and a little magazine. We were told by other campers at Wal-Mart that in the store you can buy a road altas that shows where all the Wal-Marts are for less than $5.00 But I think the map I was sent was more up to date.

We had our very first Wal-Mart experience this summer. We stayed in Winnemucca, Nevada. We even had really nice views and we were right next to the Highway patrol:) There were about 4 or 5 others spending the night too. We talked with one couple who had been gone from home for three months and they had spent 30 nights in different Wal-Marts. That can really save a lot of money when you are on the road that long.

I have also heard that in Arizona the state has out lawed it and you can not stay at ANY store in that state.

Utahtea
That's pretty exciting!!!! What length did you get? We have a 1985 Winnebago that is 24 ft and we just love it.

It's so short that we take it on long day trips. Once nice thing about California is that you can make day or short weekend trips to the mountains or the ocean.

Sorry it took me so long to respond.

I got the 32 foot Adventurer. This is the biggest thing I've ever driven and I'm supprised at how easy it is.

I'm in California too, so I know what you mean. You can get to a real variety of places in less than an hour. This weekend I'll just be trying it out, then next weekend is a driving class which I think will be useful. Then my son wants to go fishing. No problem, I'll take any opportunity to go fishing!

I'll be using it weekends for a couple of years and then I'll be full timing.
I'll be using it weekends for a couple of years and then I'll be full timing.

Congratulations and be careful to watch your overhead clearance on trees, gas stations and the like.

Tigerman