Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Did you do it for them or did you assist them? I'm sure my kids would love if I did their returns but all I do is sit next to them so I can answer any questions while they do their own returns.

I had DD sit with me while we did hers together, so she knows how to do it. DS has other issues, so it is best if I do those for him and send them down to him. He's also an hour away, and it is difficult for him to get up here - he never did get the snow tires on his car this year because he couldn't find a good window to get up here.

If I didn't do them for DS, he'd need to pay H&R Block, and from what I understand, they just take the info and do the taxes. This saves him some money.

I am hopeful that he will be capable of doing them himself some day, but we shall have to wait to see. He's not a Typical child, and so this is just one more thing with which he needs assistance.

Sort of like I have POA on all his financial accounts, and none for DD. He needs the help.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.