Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Did you like the latest film version of the book? Other film versions?

I enjoyed the movie. I never saw the cartoon version.

Did you have any problems with the film?

I though they could have cut down on some of the action scenes and developed the characters more (make them more "human"). It wouldn't have taken much. Like I thought the relationship between Sam and Bill, the pony could have been more emphasised. Also the part where Legolas agrees to be blindfolded with Gimli in Lothlorien is an important scene which starts the friendship between the two. I also thought that Pippin and Merry were very undeveloped and it wasn't really apparent why they bothered to come along at all.

I am still not sure whether it was a good idea to show Shauron at the beginning. I would have preferred to leave him to my imagination.

I thought Aragorn was too superheroish. In the book, the attack at weathertop was with only a few Nazgul and it is believable that he drove them off. However, in the movie he was up against all 9 and drove them away. Makes you wonder what the big deal is about the Nazgul. They came across as pretty lame.

Did you notice any (major) inconsistencies between the book and the movie?

In the book, I recall that Frodo left at the end invisible. Sam saw the boat moving away by itself and realised what was happening. However, in the movie Frodo was visible. I don't know why they changed that as I thought the original concept is better.

I didn't like the orcs running down the columns in Moria. They are meant to be humanoids not spider creatures.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.