Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Did you look at other class B's when shopping around? -- IP

We've been going to RV shows for a L O N G time. Probably at least 20 years. While our primary focus over most of that time was the Class A's, we also checked out the B's. I won't claim we've been in every single one, but we've been in a bunch of them.

We like the Travato for the layout. We prefer decent size beds, but not a pseudo-queen stuck in the corner (Travato has a model with one of those tiny queens). Or a small, inconvenient murphy bed like you mention. If you do your research, I think you'll find that the Travato K model has the widest single beds out there for a "real B". A couple inches can make a lot of difference with a lot of things.

What do I mean by a "real B"? There are quite a few "B's" that start with the B chassis.... and they bolt a box on the back. That box is bigger than the B van.... and that sounds good, right? The problem is that the bolted-on boxes so prevalent in RV construction are not very rigid, leading to lots of noise (rattles and the like). And reduced safety compared to the completely welded "work van" structure of something like a Travato. I don't have data on the safety issue except to ask: Have you ever seen what an RV looks like after a crash? Especially a rollover. That bolted-on box disintegrates. I don't want that.

Nevertheless, the choice is up to the buyer. That's why so many different models are out there.

Rob
Rule Breaker Home Fool & STMP/MTH Maintenance Coverage Fool
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.