Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
did you take 'before' shots? I'd love to see the 'after' ones.

Not really, the closest I have are the two middle pictures in this are both "before" pictures:
http://thefreakyfrogs.com/Site/Photos.html
The titles "Shan and Jake", and "Jake and Lars running the robot" are both in the front room. Because it was only supposed to be replacing the flooring, it didn't occur to me to take pictures. If we even finish it, I'll take some "after" shots.

My husband also collects furniture. We spent today rearranging some of the furniture in the house. We gave away a full-sized adult desk, two end tables, and two smaller bookcases. We still have 5 desks, we gave away 2 full sized desks with hutches 2 months ago, and I counted today and we have a total of 6 full wall-sized bookcases, all of which Homer built. This is not including the one we are building now. A couple years ago, I counted and we had 11 desks. We gave his sister a full size dining room table. It's bad when you can change the furniture out in your house by simply going into the garage. My friend was astounded by some of the stuff we have in the garage. She said, "You have a queen mattress back there - and it's still in the wrapping!!" We've completely furnished 2 houses besides our own so far, and now we're working on a third. Every time I start purging furniture, he either builds or buys more. He's worse than a female. Now he's considering a new china hutch. The one we have does not sit flat, so rather than fix it, he wants to build or buy a bigger, better, badder new one, and he wants a new piano for the girls, or at least a new used one. I agree with him on that. The one we have plays, but not well. It's good for beginners, but the girls are past being beginners. They really need a nicer piano.

Welcome to life with a furniture packrat.
Kathleen
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.