Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Could some kind soul, who is genius/part-genius at solving puzzles help me out on this. I'm trying to add a stock I purchased to my Portfolio. I tried to get help from My Portfolio board, but I think it died. But not yet interred.

When I click on "add a stock" on the portfolio screen, I get a screen with a blank slot where I enter the stock symbol. The stocks listed below in the portfolio all have a plus sign beside them indicating I am long. Then, when I click "Update" to add the stock, I get a screen where all the stocks in the port folio have a warning symbol beside them indicating negative shares. At the bottom the symbol has an explanation that one or more of the entries are invalid, and that the process can't be finished until the invalid entries are made valid.

Is it I? Or is it the portfolio? I've tried to do this for so long, I've forgotten the date I bought the stock. Seriously, I could do without the portfolio-I have a correct one in my brokerage account, but it is convenient, when I'm logged onto TMF, to see the stock prices

Delwin
Print the post  

Announcements

Community Town Hall
Banter, potshots, and all the stuff we said you can't post on ITF. Why not try it?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.