Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am in the process of filing with private insurance
disability and also Social Security because of a
chronic and eventually fatal liver disease. Do you
know if the Social Security has a list of conditions
that automatically get disability the first time. If so, how could I see the list? I have heard you have to apply several time to be accepted. Thank you
Print the post Back To Top
Greetings. KathyMagee, and welcome. You asked:

<<I am in the process of filing with private insurance disability and also Social Security because of a chronic and eventually fatal liver disease. Do you know if the Social Security has a list of conditions that automatically get disability the first time. If so, how could I see the list? I have heard you have to apply several time to be accepted. >>

You have my sympathies for your physical problems. I know of no list that automatically results in approval of SS benefits; However, you can determine the requirements for approval at the SSA site at this link: http://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/handbook/handbook.05/hbk-0507.htm.

Regards..Pixy
<<I am in the process of filing with private insurance
disability and also Social Security because of a
chronic and eventually fatal liver disease. Do you
know if the Social Security has a list of conditions
that automatically get disability the first time. If so, how could I see the list? I have heard you have to apply several time to be accepted>>

Sorry to hear about your illness. I doubt there is any such list. Most disability determination forms I get have questions that have little to do with the illness my patient has. That may in part account for why it takes so long to get through the process. Best wishes.
I am on SS disability,from a construction accident.You will fill out a lot of forms and wait,along time,because they are back logged(it is what they told me)so just hang in there.