Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 29
Disclaimer: The following comments come from a J&J employee and should be taken as such.

I have to tell you that when a co-worker stopped by this morning and told me about the investigation and the stock sell-off, it brought tears to my eyes and joy to my greedy heart. This could just be my lucky day, I thought. If one investigation and simply publishing a known concern with a drugs usage can do this to J&J's stock price, it says much about the current sentiments of investors.

As a J&J insider, having working many years for another large company before we were purchased by J&J makes me realize just how fortunate I am. At J&J there are some things you simply don't do. Those things are considered so important that we post them prominently in all J&J facilities. The top no-no is to do anything that even remotely might hurt a patient. The second item is to, “Do the right thing”, which is a program making it easy for people to bring concerns forward in a safe forum and to get appropriate action. Knowing this, it makes no sense to fire an operator who was trying to point out a deficiency, if there was one. These people, those who are feel responsible and who will speak up when they are concerned, are exactly what one would want.

After looking up all I could find on the current investigation and Eprex, and finding little that worries me regarding the overall health and stature of the company, I put a substantial buy order in with my favorite discount brokerage. When I find a beat-up dynamic blue-chip company with consistently excellent values and management, I just can't resist.

Just one persons opinion….

Gliderguy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.