Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I contribute to a employee-sponsored 401K.

I also split my annual contribution between a traditional and Roth IRAs.

It now appears that my modified AGI will be above the threshold for taking a deduction for the contribution to the tranditional IRA

1. How would I verify this is the case before the end of the year?

2. If that's the case, what's the best way for me to withdraw that non-deductable contribution from the traditional IRA and place it in the Roth IRA for TY 2012?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.