Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Hello fellow Fools.

Today I come to you with this exciting opportunity of possiby winning a meaningless contest.

THE RULES-

Pick a stock, any stock.

Your start price will be recorded as soon as I see it with a $1,000 purchase price.

Entries must be made by New Years day. (but you'll soon see that the quicker your in it the more likely to win it)

After your pick is made your cost basis will be lowered for every dividend received. I'll also adjust for splits.

Contest ends on 8/17/13 (I'm trying to reward long term investment) (and why would you want to give your gains away at a 35% tax rate anyway)

The person whos stock value exceeds the cost basis by the most wins (kinda like real life..eh)

THE PRIZE-

I will plant five fiat based currency notes in the hands of the homeless dude I see on my way to work everyday, or if the winner prefers I'll drop it in a Salvation Army kettle.

Lets see who wins the tortise and the hare debate.

Cheers.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.