Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
"Beyond Saving", at https://seekingalpha.com/article/4228296-uniti-group-risk , now forecasts that UNIT may have to cut its dividend "as early as February" -- having invested essentially all the cash from its revolver loan in acquisitions, and with its cost of capital still very high, UNIT may have no realistic alternative to dividend-cutting in order to finance all of its capex (even the so-called "expansion" part of said capex must be incurred in order to finish build-outs and thus start accruing revenues from already signed lease contracts).

The root of the problem is in good part in the inexplicable delay in the WIN/Aurelius lawsuit's resolution: we all expected it to be done well within the summer, and so, clearly, did UNIT's own management (which is why it did those acquisitions and lease contracts) -- and yet, for no clear reason, it's still hanging at end of year, months later. The lawsuit's favorable resolution is/was expected to cause UNIT's stock price to surge, thus lowering cost of capital by allowing a secondary offering (and maybe leading to a credit rating upgrade, also allowing new lower-rate loans).

So, always-risky UNIT is now getting riskier; caveat emptor. Me, I'm holding, and still DRIPping, but starting to wonder...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Here's more color on that risk:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4228394-uniti-bears-going?a...

The federal judge may not rule in time for UNIT to avoid the liquidity squeeze.

His attention was diverted to a high profile case involving one of the many court
challenges to an action by Trump.

David
Long UNIT but also starting to wonder....
Yeah, I think the market agrees with you given that the price has dropped recently to 15.57.

-srockaz
Long UNIT & own WIN for a trade
Yeah, I think the market agrees with you given that the price has dropped recently to 15.57.

And yet, in the space of just above a month, it's bounced back -- last close 19.85, +4.28 compared to the price you observed (not quite the minimum), +26.5%. AND, that's with a 0.60 quarterly dividend in-between (ex-div 12/28, paid 1/15). Very sentiment-driven...
the august options are trading at a very decent premium.