Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Does anyone here know of any resources that could provide estimates for future dividends on specific stocks?

Background: My mother-in-law inherited some old AT&T stock - pre-baby-bell-split - and now has stocks in a variety of telco companies. The dividends supply a sizable chunk of her retirement income, but with the recent bad news industry wide, my wife & I are concerned that dividends due this February could be drastically less than what she is used to receiving. We would like to prepare to try and make up the difference so that her life style isn't comprimised.

Thanks for any help, very much appreciated!

Alan
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetigs, Alan, and welcome. You asked:

Does anyone here know of any resources that could provide estimates for future dividends on specific stocks?

Background: My mother-in-law inherited some old AT&T stock - pre-baby-bell-split - and now has stocks in a variety of telco companies. The dividends supply a sizable chunk of her retirement income, but with the recent bad news industry wide, my wife & I are concerned that dividends due this February could be drastically less than what she is used to receiving. We would like to prepare to try and make up the difference so that her life style isn't comprimised.

The major firms maintain websites that will give you that info. ATT is a firm that does. Here's what they said at http://www.att.com/press/item/0,1354,3569,00.html

NEW YORK – AT&T's (NYSE-T) Board of Directors today declared a dividend of 3.75 cents per share payable February 1, 2001, to shareowners of record on December 29, 2000. The fourth-quarter dividend, as indicated in AT&T's October restructuring announcement, is a decrease from the previously paid quarterly dividend of 22 cents per share.

Regards..Pixy
Print the post Back To Top