Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Where is everyone....this chat room seems dead?
Does anyone think XOM will turn things around in 2-3 years with this BIG plan put forth by the CEO last year?
Print the post Back To Top
Does anyone think XOM will turn things around in 2-3 years with this BIG plan put forth by the CEO last year?

</snip>

Even Blackrock is divesting from fossil fuels.

https://www.offshore-technology.com/news/blackrock-divest-cl...

intercst
No. of Recommendations: 3
<<Even Blackrock is divesting from fossil fuels.
>>

"Ethical investing" has been a fringe strategy for decades. I expect that will continue.

Around the world, "progressives" and environmentalists are being ejected from ruling government by voters who expect to continue using fossil fuels.

World CO2 production goes up every year, and that's going to continue indefinitely. If Germany and California want to shoot their economy over global warming, that's likely only to last until exploding energy costs cause voters to throw them out of political power.

If environmentalists do happen to develop substitutes for fossil fuels that are cheaper and more reliable than existing fuels, those have a chance of being adopted ----but it wont really matter much to global warming issues.

France has been a model for reducing dependence on fossil fuels for half a century, but of course environmentalists hate all that nuclear power. Their hate for nuclear power is at least as great as their moaning and groaning about global warming.

In short, don't sell your Exxon Mobil stock. They've been making money for investors for 150 years.

Seattle Pioneer
Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.

In short, don't sell your Exxon Mobil stock. They've been making money for investors for 150 years.

I'm keeping my XOM stock!

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&channel=mac_...
Div yield 5.08%

Desert (CVX, XOM, T, BNS, BKH, ED, ATGFF, NI, NWN, TRP, ENB, WRE, WGL, XEL, DUK, SO & KO) Dave
No. of Recommendations: 2
I picked up many shares at 68/share, now I'm holding thousands of shares at 64/share with blue skies for timeline as I'm in my mid 30's. Gasoline, diesel, lubricants, plastics. Oil and natural gas can be turned into anything we use in our daily lives. ExxonMobil is an energy company at surface and a project management company at its core. Exxon Nuclear was a subsidiary not too long ago. Exxon can be whatever it wants to be. See you in 2025.
No. of Recommendations: 3
I'm a fan of Exxon, but diversification is important as well.

Standard oil was broken up once by the Feds. It was clouted heavily by the Exxon Valdez oil spill.

Environmentalists continue to hate Exxon with a passion, which could be dangerous.

You might recall the well blow out by Arco several years ago ---the massive expenses from that spill were terrifically damaging and have wiped out years of dividend payment.

Don't close your eyes to the risks ----they are there.

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 2
Biggest risk to XOM is Tesla.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-50-billion-edge-reflect...

Absent Elon Musk, no one would be talking about electric cars.

intercst