Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
It's been exactly 1 month since DJ's posted at TMF. Is anyone else concerned?

Dan (concerned)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
I hate to reveal this to the board, Dano, but he and Amy, well, I can't say it. Don't wanna break OB's heart.

(Actually, I just e-mailed him and will wait for a reply)
Concerned, too,

Pat
No. of Recommendations: 5
Danno, Pat, & the rest of the Short Bus:

My apologies for being away from the boards. I made the big leap, and broke off from my employer, (taking a nice healthy chunk of his clients to boot). I also snagged a few of my fellow co-workers, who are now working with me.

So I don't ramble too much more, I've been putting in some long hours making sure that this venture will be viable, and profitable. As you can imagine, my former boss, is one unhappy camper. He's threatened some legal wrangling, but really doesn't have any foundation. If he spent as much time treating his employees with respect, as he has trying to screw me when I worked for him, I'd never have made the move.

I should be able to post more frequently in a few months. I miss the banter of my favorite boards, TSB and GMR.

Best regards fellow riders!!!

DJ

PS - Danno, congrats on the job, and passing the test.
CLP, congrats on not having to "pay" for it, like jimmy4.
No. of Recommendations: 5
DJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (hope that cancels out the title ;)

Nice to hear that things are OK, and best of luck on your new business! Besides, if your former boss gives you a hard time, you always have BLLL to rip him to pieces ;)

PS - Danno, congrats on the job, and passing the test.

Thanks man, but now I'm REALLY busy studying for the Series 7 :(

Dan
No. of Recommendations: 7
DJ,
Good luck with the new endeavor. Just remember to not let it cause you to lose your hair, develop ulcers, lose sleep, and generally suck the life-blood out of you. Oh,wait. You're starting a business, not getting married. Piece of cake.

JTM (hairless, lifeless, blood-puking insomniac)
No. of Recommendations: 3
DJ,

First off, congratulations on making the big leap!

Secondly, I read somewhere that it's important that your ex-boss was not a first mover in an important and emerging industry, and that he does not have a sustainable advantage, or, gulp....inept competition.

Hope this helps!

Gavid Dardener