Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey, did anyone else get to enjoy the good news that "Net sales to increase 11% to 14%" and "fully diluted earning per share to rise 24% to 30% over the next fiscal year"?

And many of the analyse are upgrading to a strong buy............

Is there any difference between a fully diluted earning per share and a share a stock?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
MrsD
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
Is there any difference between a fully diluted earning per share and a share a stock?

I'm not sure I completely understand the question, but I think I'll do, so I'll give it a shot.

Fully diluted EPS is very similar to regular EPS. The only difference being how many shares the earnings are divided by to arrive at the final calculated result.

In regular EPS, earnings are divided by the number of shares issued and outstanding. In fully diluted EPS, earnigs are divided by all the shares that would be outstanding if all outstanding options, convertible debt intruments, or other things that might increase the outstanding share count were all exercised.

Does that answer your question?

Regards,

Eldrehad
Eldrehad's got it.
Good basic rundown on earnings, etc. Here:
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/analyst/091901.asp

Hey, Eldrehad,

Thanks for your prompt answer, and yes it did answer my question, and I found it interesting......thanks again

sincerely,
MrsDigger