Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 37
Hi all,

A lot of people outside of the Boston Area (where I live) are unaware of the disastrous and horrible things the Democratic National Committee are doing to the metropolitan area of Boston next week.

I really want everyone to know what the "party of the people" has done to the city of Boston.

They are holding the convention at the Fleet Center, instead of the new Convention Center paid for by local tax dollars. Why? Because the Convention Center does not have the luxury suite accomodations that the news anchors are demanding.

The result of holding the convention at the Fleet Center is disastrous and almost indefensible from an anti-terrorism perspective. There is a way to defend it, though, and the government is taking extraordinary measures, which they wouldn't have to do if they just held the convention at the Convention Center.

All of this means that I and every other resident of the Boston Area (about 3 million all told) have to put of the following:

1) Closing down 30 miles of heavily trafficked interstate highways in the Boston Area from 4pm to 12 mindnight.

2) Closing down some lanes of traffic in those interstate highways during the other 16 hours of the day.

3) Closing down a central subway station.

4) Subjecting all subway passengers to searches of bags, backpacks, briefcases, of all kinds.

5) Being told this was our duty to support the Democratic process, one day before John Kerry leaked out he may not even accept the nomination at the Convention, and when we all know it is a fait accompli.

6) Being told, basically, that everyone should "be flexible" and take vacation that week if we are able to. For many people, it's a *forced* vacation (I personally know someone in that category). He lives 20 miles north of the Fleet Center and works 15 miles south of the Fleet Center. Yet it would be impossible for him to commute to work and back that week. For others, who have no choice but to go to work, they are at their wits end trying to figure out how they are going to accomplish this. Some are talking about sleeping at work that week.

7) A Massachusetts law passed by a state legislature that is more than 75% Democrat is being repealed for the week of the Democrat Convention. This was a law that closed the bars down at 2am.

8) A Boston city ordinance passed by the completely Democrat city council is being repealed for the week of the Democrat Convention. This is a law that bans smoking in public places.

9) City cab drivers, who already have a rate to charge fixed by the government (which both drivers and passengers have to put up with), are now being told they have to accept a drastically reduced rate to take conventioners from the Airport to their hotel. When I say drastically, reducing the typical fare from $30 to $8.

Any of you who think the Democrat party is a "party of the people" should look at what they are doing to my city next week. It is utterly disgraceful, and certainly not indicative of a political party that cares one wit about the average person.

-JAR
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.