No. of Recommendations: 1
Jim,

DNDN is back down to lower than when it was purchased for this portfolio--which says to me that we may be seeing a buying opportunity. Has anything happened materially with this company lately that should give me pause? The last items on the message board for DNDN are about a month old.

Thanks,
bikerliz
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
DNDN is back down to lower than when it was purchased for this portfolio--which says to me that we may be seeing a buying opportunity. Has anything happened materially with this company lately that should give me pause?

Hi bikerliz,

The only news I'm aware of is that it's actually gone ahead with laying off a bunch of people at the manufacturing plants as part of its cost-cutting measures. Then there was this encouraging piece of news on Seeking Alpha: http://seekingalpha.com/article/295350-dendreon-shareholders....

I'm not sure if I'm going to buy some more for the MUE port, at least not until I have a chance of listening to the next quarterly conference call, which is scheduled for early November. If the situation is improving by then, I'll feel more confidence in the recovery thesis and thus might bump it up to the "middle" tier of holdings.

Thanks for asking.

Cheers,
Jim
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Unfortunately, an improving situation in 2 months could mean waiting for a higher price. I'm trying to "be greedy when others are fearful". And since I have yet to take a first bite of DNDN, I might just go for it-especially since there apparently is no negative news.

Bikerliz
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Just picked up a 1/2 allocation of DNDN at $9.15/share.

Bikerliz
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Unfortunately, an improving situation in 2 months could mean waiting for a higher price.

True. I was under the misconception that you already owned some. If you want to buy some, I haven't seen anything that would negatively affect my view since the MUE port purchased its shares. My previous post on this was from the viewpoint of whether or not to add some more.

With this portfolio, I'm trying to stay away (not altogether successfully) from believing that a lower price automatically means a better bargain, so buy some more. I did that with Nam Tai Electronics and came to regret the decision of buying a second helping. It's the reason I haven't added to Oshkosh, also.

With Dendreon, there's a pretty clear catalyst or path on what the company needs to do to return to success. I think it will do so, but want to see some evidence that it actually is before committing more money to it. Not afraid of adding to a winner if so, but would rather not add to a loser if it becomes one, which isn't quite clear yet.

Cheers,
Jim
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Just picked up a 1/2 allocation of DNDN at $9.15/share.

Nice! Hope it turns out well for you. :-)

Cheers,
Jim
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Jim,

Thanks for your very helpful advice.

Bikerliz

P.S. Very tempted to add to my F allocation when the price gets back down into the 9's--which could be any moment.

Bikerliz
Print the post Back To Top