Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Wondered what the recent price performance might look like if I compared the index (WCLD) to individual constituents that exceeded the mean and medium of all the metrics used at https://www.bvp.com/news/bvp-nasdaq-emerging-cloud-index. Eleven constituents currently exceed the mean and medium in all metrics. Over the past month six of the eleven companies performed better than WCLD. Over the past three months eight performed better than WCLD. Over the past twelve months six of nine performed better. (SNOW and FROG did not have twelve months of price performance). Conclusion from this very limited data point is that metrics moderately matter.

Symbol 1 Mo 3 Mo 12 Mo
WCLD 13% 13% 39%
NET 26% 47% 190%
SHOP 19% 26% 42%
CRWD 14% 35% 135%
ZS 12% 22% 94%
DDOG 16% 22% 18%
COUP 13% 1% -8%
DOCU 39% 35% 45%
SNOW -2% 19%
FROG 4% 3%
HUBS 22% 21% 154%
TEAM 13% 17% 38%
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Just for kicks I created 10,000 11-stock ports picked at random from WCLD constituents for each time
period. Your team is scoring in the top 5% in all three time periods as to number of players that
beat WCLD. Best to keep an eye out for the Law of Small Numbers, however.

Thx for sharing!
No. of Recommendations: 0
I now see a basic flaw in my thesis that pretty much blows any predictive value. I used current metrics to draw conclusions about past performance.
If you need data from the past to reconstruct, I can probably provide it to you. I keep the monthly
BVP spreadsheets, and have the data going back to 12/31/2019.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Thanks for the data ears.
Unfortunately it does not support my initial thesis. From the sample data,
the combination of stocks with all metrics at or above the median does not out perform the EMCLOUD index, at least in the subsequent 1 to 3 months.
Good work, nevertheless. Thanks for sharing.