Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I moved from New York State to Wisconsin during the course of last year. I have completed my IT-203 (Nonresident/Part-Year Resident) for New York.
My question is, do I need to also file a state return for Wisconsin? I ask this because as a student, I did not earn any job-related income from Wisconsin in 1999, and I paid estimated taxes to the state of New York. My only other income for 1999 comes from dividends on stocks, interest (on cash reserves in my investment portfolio) and some capital gains, all of which I reported on both my federal and New York state forms.
So, do I need to file for Wisconsin, where I've lived since July '99, or can I escape from this potential requirement? Thanks Fools!

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.