No. of Recommendations: 0
My wife converted her traditional IRA into a Roth IRA early in 2000 (AGI<100K). Later that year, we got married and will be filing jointly. Our adjusted gross income for 2000 is now greater than 100K. Does this mean we will have to recharacterize the Roth back to a traditional IRA. Or...can we avoid this since my wife converted BEFORE getting married? Thanks!
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.